PatchofBlue

Sunday, October 23, 2005

On the Road Again

Well, as usual I have been traveling again. We just got back home tonight from a short vacation at our house in the Virginia mountains. It was a quick trip...only 5 1/2 days but great. I love going to that house no matter how short the time. It is such a dramatic difference from what we live every day here. No TV, no telemarketers, very few phone calls (just from the few people who know we are there) no pressure.....I tell you, it is heavenly. Of course we spent Tuesday getting to GA and spent one night there and then on to TN to drop Grayson off on Wednesday morning. We decided to get off the interstate and go the "blue highway" for several hours and we really enjoyed that. We stopped at a roadside flea market in Niota, TN. What a hoot!! This was a REAL HONEST TO GOODNESS FLEA MARKET. I had never seen a flea market on a Wednesday before. This one was complete with goats, rabbits and chickens for sale. I would have loved to have some of those chickens but living in the city there is no way I could bring a chicken home with me. One of these days when I live at the mountain house I will have chickens. I can't wait. For now I had to settle for a bag of candy corn and a bag of maple nut candy!!
While in VA, we enjoyed spending time with Stephen & Donna and Joyce & George. Stephen took us to a big apple orchard about 40 miles away where we were able to pick our own apples and pumpkins. We brought about 1/2 bushel of apples and 2 pumpkins home. The best part of picking your own was that you were allowed to sample as many varieties as you could hold. Donna and I tried at least 4 or 5.
Joyce made us a delicious dinner on Friday night and we really enjoyed spending time with them and laughing like nuts.
Our time in VA came to an end much too soon and now we are back in town and not looking forward to getting back to the grind.
We are waiting for Hurricane Wilma right now and not happy about the prospect of what it might bring. They are predicting that it will make landfall during the night around 2:00am and we will be getting the winds and rain until sometime around 2:00pm. The winds and rains are not so bad, but if the thing sponds tornadoes, we could be in trouble. That is the part that worries me.
Well, I guess I have bored you all with my ramblings so I will say goodnight for now. Please leave comments so I will know who is reading this stuff! Tra-la!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:58 AM, Blogger Gasmeter said…

    Nice blog. Glad you had a good time in Virginia. Hope my favourite porch swing is well.

    How's the Orlando house after the Hurricane?

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Hi, I'm reading! I've been waiting for you to compose your second post. Virginia sounds dreamy, as always. Jealous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home